Turns Out Snowpiercer is the Bioshock 3 Gamers Have Been Waiting For



Joon-ho Bong's American film debut, Snowpiercer, has been on my watchlist since it was first announced back in 2012. Long before all of the studio edits and other movie biz controversy that ultimately postponed the film's initial theater run and long before Chris Evans dazzled everyone in ...Winter Soldier.

Recently, I sat down (finally) to watch the film via Netflix Watch Instantly and to my delight, I loved it. It contains all of the nuanced set/costume design, insane asian influence and powerful characterizations that get me excited about the art of filmmaking.

But even more interesting, looking back the one thing that struck me most about Snowpiercer, is how much its themes mirror those of video games. Primarily I'm thinking about Bioshock and Bioshock: Infinite. In fact, since seeing the movie I've taken to lovingly referring to the film as "Bioshock: Snowpiercer", or "Bioshock 3".

The question I want answered now though, is why the hell didn't someone tell me go see "Bioshock: Snowpiercer" back when it was still in theaters?

Comments