Photoshop CS2

So, I finally decided to upgrade from PS6 which I have been using since it came out (I have issues with change...) my plan was to upgrade to Photoshop CS which I was currently using a trial of, but upon browsing the adobe store I realized a newer version was available. Lucky me..? Well let me first say it took me about 6 hours to get it running because I had a weird problem causing the program to crash on launch. Eventually I got it running no thanks to Adobe tech support though who suggested I completely wipe and reload my machine :(

So far it is a pretty good upgrade. I am very impressed with the changes and can see how they will greatly improve my workflow immediately. Such as the new way of selecting layers (select click or ctrl click) no more layer linking, :D its so much faster.

On the downside...
If you thought Photoshop CS was a big fat memory hog well, you aint seen nothin' yet this program has a serious presence when its running and you will see slow down in your systems performance especially if you typically run multiple applications like me. (ex. photoshop, flash, dreamweaver, trillian, outlook express and multiple tabs in firefox.) so I will definately be adding a bit more ram soon though i hear it doesn't help much unless you also upgrade your video card or its drivers.

Like I said before overall its a great program and the improvements aren't obscure you dont have to dig around for them, most users will benefit from the new features in typical everyday use so I recommend Photoshop CS 2

-- 4 out of 5

Comments