Ode to Maria


Maria is amazing

When she was twelve years old she moved to Arizona from the isle of Puerto Rico she did not speak or read English, she struggled in the beginning but managed to in a very short time become fluent in English. Today Maria speaks more eloquently than most people I know and has little or no sign of an accent. In fact most people who don’t know she can speak Spanish have reactions of shock and surprise when they hear hablo her espanol.


Love at first sight
After our first date I knew Maria and I would one day marry, I am often very shy when I first meet someone and yet with her I felt completely at ease, conversation came naturally and we just seemed to click.

She is the only woman who has ever shown me the same love, respect and attention that I give to her. She understands me... I have my toys, my games and can be pretty mischievous. She embraces my youthfulness rarely disapproving she often joins in on the fun. I attribute the success of our marriage to our ability to laugh and play together.


Love is a Verb
Many people think love is this feeling you get in your gut or some magical force that takes you over. The truth is, you know you’re in love when you are willing to do what ever you can to make another person happy. Love is everyday… not some fancy dinner on Valentines day or a piece of jewelry on a Birthday, its every minute of every hour of every day in-between. All of the hundreds of small decisions you make on a daily basis which you know will directly impact her happiness in some small way.

- Thank you Maria for showing me how to love.

Comments

Calvin Lee said…
How sweet!! :)

You have a beautiful family.
Mary said…
awwwww, how sweet! You two look so perfect together!
devon spec said…
i think i'm going to cry...

or vomit...
or cry....


or..... laugh....


aw this is so sweet! lol!!!
Mrs. Maria said…
Thank you my love! MY HEART IS FOREVER YOURS! FOREVER! ALWAYS! XOXO